What do Parking Lot Attendants do?
Park vehicles or issue tickets for customers in a parking lot or garage. May collect fee.
- Take numbered tags from customers, locate vehicles, and deliver vehicles, or provide customers with instructions for locating vehicles.
- Keep parking areas clean and orderly to ensure that space usage is maximized.
- Direct motorists to parking areas or parking spaces, using hand signals or flashlights as necessary.
- Patrol parking areas in order to prevent vehicle damage and vehicle or property thefts.
- Park and retrieve automobiles for customers in parking lots, storage garages, or new car lots.
- Greet customers and open their car doors.
- Calculate parking charges, and collect fees from customers.
- Issue ticket stubs, or place numbered tags on windshields, and give customers matching tags for locating parked vehicles.
- Lift, position, and remove barricades in order to open or close parking areas.
- Inspect vehicles in order to detect any damage.
- Review motorists' identification before allowing them to enter parking facilities.
- Escort customers to their vehicles in order to ensure their safety.
- Service vehicles with gas, oil, and water.
- Perform maintenance on cars in storage in order to protect tires, batteries, and exteriors from deterioration.
Related Jobs (Parking Lot Attendants)